Thursday, January 25, 2018

BEAUTY GURU GETS A MAKEOVER AT SEPHORA



Hi sisters James Charles here and welcome back to my youtube channel. For today's video I have something super super fun planned that I'm actually Very excited to do I don't know if a lot of you guys know this but before I actually was a beauty guru I was doing makeup on myself as a full-time job I actually was doing makeup on a bunch of my friends from school Back home in my little salon in my basement made by my dad And I really really missed doing client work so so much and for me from having to do my own makeup all the time I really Don't get the feeling or pleasure of being on the other end of the brush getting my glam done and getting to enjoy the work Of other artists. I definitely have a very distinct style of makeup that I always do on myself I blend eye shadows a certain way I contour my face a certain way I face tune certain way as well And I was definitely bringing something about different ways that I can get glamed by other people! And I came to the conclusion that the perfect way to do it will be to get some awesome transformations.! So I booked appointments with that the three most popular spots that people go to get their makeup done for different events being Mac, Sephora, and Ulta, and I went and I got my makeup done at all three And I'm gonna show YOU guys the full transformation. I wanted to make this into a little bit of a challenge or a mini-series So this is gonna be the first video like I said of a bunch of different transformation videos.

For each different transformation, I'm gonna give each artist the same exact photo. I picked out this one of Jacqueline Hill I figured this like warm tone bronzy smokey eye is the perfect look for this upcoming fall If features like smoked out shadow which is definitely not the easiest technique in the world Gold glitter as well as a lot of highlighter definite. Full coverage skin as well as a dark vampy lip I think that this look is a really great challenge for artists because it's definitely not the easiest thing in the world But it's definitely not too hard as well I'm gonna give the same exact picture to each artist and they're gonna do their best job to recreate it on me using the products sold at that particular store and after each transformation We're gonna come right back here And I'm gonna show you guys the finished look obviously. Then we're gonna talk about my experience as a whole how the actual look turned out how close the look was to the original Photo and finally what I recommend you to go there to get your makeup done Like I said for today's the first makeover I booked an appointment at Sephora and Hollywood So let's head over there right now But before this video starts make sure to go give it a big thumbs up down below if you're excited alright guys without further ado Let's hop in an uber and get over to Sephora So immediately walking into somewhere I was greated by a sales associate which was really really awesome And she asked me if I needed anything I told her I was there to get my glam makeover done that I was scheduled under a different name for three o'clock and of course she knew who I was instantly which kind of blew my cover which I was definitely a little bit annoyed about I wanted to do this definitely on the DL and incognito But so many of you sisters kept coming up to me asking for photos as well Which I was so fine, then because I love meeting you guys anyway you guys blew my cover, but it's okay Just as the little point before I get started I think that the workers knowing who I am definitely may have made my experience a little bit better than the average customer obviously I.

Cannot speak for every sephora employee or every Sephora store because everyone's gonna have a different experience But at my particular visit they were super super kind and accommodating and my actual artist didn't know who I was so that was great She treated me as a normal everyday customer which is amazing But that being said at the average Sephora makeover is 45 minutes, and I was there for almost two hours So like I said definitely pobably got a little bit of a better treatment I can't speak for everybody but my experience overall it was good. To get started on my makeover the absolute first thing I did was show my artist a picture of the look that I wanted being that Jacqueline Hill smokey Eye, and she said okay great Let's do it so that was awesome. She was not intimidated, she was not scared She didn't try to talk me into something else which was amazing because I know a lot of times artists do try to do that To do something easier, I was like girl, we're doing this look and she was like okay sister I got you. The first thing that she did was asked me for my skin type And I told her that it was combination and she pulled a bunch of different skin care products to prep me for my makeup.

And then as well she pulled out the Sephora IQ color tester This is basically a little machine that takes tiny pictures of different areas of your skin Which then it matches you to your foundation and different Sephora foundations that they sell in store which I thought was so so cool I think my color IQ thing was like - 27QY or something I don't remember off the top of my head but my foundation was definitely a pretty close match to what my normal foundation would be. So after my skin was all prepped with a bunch of different skin care products the first the artist went in with was the eyelid primer to start off the Eyeshadow base and for eyeshadow today She used the Sephora Pro palette Which I think was the warm palette? And then a little bit of the Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette for more touches of red and pink even though my eyes were closed And I was not turned towards the mirror I obviously could feel what was going on And I did notice and really appreciate that she definitely spent a lot of time blending she kept going back into a bunch of different Blending brushes making sure that all of her lines are really seamlessly But it out which I definitely appreciate as an artist Obviously you guys know it is super super important to always blend your eyeshadows always go on those circular Windshield wiper motions make sure there are no harsh lines, and I definitely think she did a good job of achieving that which actually giving the eyeshadow look that I gave her to do Next the artist went in and did my brows using the Anastasia brow definer and then set all the hairs in place using the Benefit Cosmetics 24-hour brow setter. Once the brows were all slayed and in place her next step is going to be the base. And for today's foundation She used the bare minerals performance wear liquid foundation now as you guys know my holy grail are the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD.

Stick, Too Faced Born This Way and recently the Giorgio Armani luminous silk all of which are sold at Sephora and bare minerals would definitely Not! Be the first brand that I would run to when it comes to foundation But I did not say anything. I was super super careful to keep my opinions to myself the entire time I did not look at myself either I wanted a full reveal at the end and it to be the full artist work. Next for concealers She went in with the NARS radiant creamy concealer in the shade vanilla I believe, and as you guys know a shape team is not sold at Sephora So I think the NARS radiant creamy was definitely a really really great option to use on me And it is definitely one of my all-time favorite concealers as well. Then she set my face in place using the laura mercier translucent setting powder which is my all-time favorite.

I was definitely really really glad about this because y'all know flash black is my middle name So I definitely did not want to have a powder that I do not like and I was very very happy to see her using This one on me, and I think it worked. I was normal perfectly fine .Next step she went in and bronze my face using a big fluffy brush was obviously I love, and she went in with the hourglass bronzer which I was simply a little bit surprised about being that Benefit hoola bronzer is the number one best-selling bronzer in Sephora. I believe don't quote me on that, but I think. But regardless, It's my number one favorite So I was definitely little bit disappointed to see her not using that the hourglass was definitely an interesting choice I actually did not even know they even had bronzers.

I just know about their highlighters Which are really really bomb so once again? I did not say anything just let her do her thing then she went in with the highlight and at this point I definitely could tell she was a fan of beauty gurus because After I showed her the picture of Jacqueline Hill in the beginning for Highlighter she pulled out the Champagne Pop which is Jacqueline's collaboration with Becca cosmetics I was super excited to see this one being used on me It is definitely my all-time favorite highlighter shades It is beautiful and golden and she applied that using a pretty big brush! Which I was a little bit spooked about but once again I didn't get to see until the very very end. After I was glowing for the gods She actually went back into the eyes to finish the mascara and lashes and for the mascaras to use the Marc Jacobs Mascara, which I was very excited of because I've never tried it. And she actually did something with the wand that I was super super intrigued by she took the top of the mascara wand and bended it at a 90 degree angle and used that to do my lashes instead of like the typical Completely horizontal wand I thought it was a really really cool technique and definitely made it really really easy for her to do my lashes. This is definitely something that I'll be trying with all my mascara wands from now on.

I definitely learned that as a really cool trick and I can't wait to try it out for myself. For the lashes, she glued on a pair of Sephora lashes I forgot to catch the name for them, but they're really really pretty and they're more winged out on the outer corners Just like in the picture that Jacqueline had. Finally to finish off the look, She used the Kat Von D. Vampira liquid lipstick Which is actually the first ever liquid lipstick I ever purchased with my own money when I first started to do makeup so it definitely Has a very very special place in my heart She did pick it herself But I thought it was the absolute perfect shade too back to the picture of Jacqueline so I was definitely really happy when she walked Over with it, and she just put it on my lips Oh She's living!!! Yeeessssssss!!!! Love it.

Love this! All right guys so now I am back home And this is the finished look all complete jus a little heads-up to you guys I didn't have the entire portion of this video Filmed as soon as I got home with the full makeup on and I film the outro with the makeup on as well it was super super cute, and then of course I went to edit it and the audio was completely wonky and broken my Microphone had actually died so I had to go get a new end which was very very annoying But the make cover was obviously complete and I already filmed the entire thing and I definitely did not want to lose this video because I was super excited to do the rest of the series. So! I am sitting back down after the fact I obviously do not have the makeup on anymore But I am referencing the pictures from earlier on and I'm still gonna talk about how I felt So obviously the audio is not gonna match up with what's going on in the video? But just please try to pay attention to what I am saying and just Use the video as like a reference point to what I'm really talking about. Before we get into the actual makeup my first want to Talk about my experience at this particular Sephora and like I said beforehand It was really really good now obviously I cannot speak for every Sephora employee or store And I definitely do have a name in the makeup world so the treatment may have been a little bit biased But I've also been very very poorly treated at a lot of Sephora's that I've been to as well. So I do think this particular Sephora did a really really great job of customer service.

Like I said when I walked and they were Very very helpful They wanted to get me help as soon as possible to give me what I needed and they sat me right down for my appointment, My girl was on time, and she was ready to slay my face. All that being said a Sephora makeover It's supposed to take only 45 minutes and mine did take almost up to 2 hours But there was not many other people in the store getting their makeup done so that might be a reason why and also I'm sure that the artist was making sure that she did a really really great job, which I very much appreciated. Let's go ahead and pull a mirror and super super close and actually talk about the makeup So let's go in with the same order that she applied and starting off with the eyes I think after looking at everything the eyes are probably my favorite part of this entire look like I said beforehand She definitely spend a lot of time on the eyeshadow Probably the most time out of anything in this makeup look and she kept going back into the different blending brushes to make sure that Everything was seamlessly blended together, which I'm very much appreciated And I think that the shadow is pretty accurate to the original picture that Jacqueline Hill Posted. Also the liner is applying a very very evenly the line is nice and straight and even throughout which I love there's nothing worse Than a wonky liner and the lashes are glued on very very comfortably I cannot feel them, Which is the best! If there's one thing that I would change about this look if I was doing it on myself I wish she would have used a different shade of gold for the actual lid I feel like the shade that Jacqueline used on her original picture was a lot more glittery and much more Champagne-y toned Whereas this gold shadow was definitely little bit more yellow and more a satin shade I wish she would have used one like the Stila Liquid Metal like you guys know I love or an actual gold glitter on top.

But! She did just use the palette and I think it still turned out equally as beautiful The next stop being the brows I actually really liked the way she did them They looked nice and light and fluffy which I love a good feather brow moment I like the color she used in the Anastasia Brow Definer, if anything I wish she would have defined the brow tail a little bit more But I'm definitely not mad at them. The next step was obviously going to be the base which was the foundation and like I said The bare minerals foundation would definitely not be my first choice when it comes to a Sephora foundation picking But like I said i wasn't gonna say anything. After looking at it in the mirror. I don't think it's that bad I think that she definitely did a really really great job of using the foundation to its fullest potential She did a really great job making sure that it was even all throughout my skin I definitely don't see any patchiness or anything But I will say that it definitely is creasing a little bit especially around my smile lines like foundations normally do but this one is pretty bad and as well, It's definitely not the most flattering on my pores I don't think she did a bad job, but I definitely would not be choosing this foundation again Next is the concealer and like I said we use the NARS radiant creamy concealer And this is one of my all-time favorites.

I have no complaints to this I really liked how it made my under eyes look and feel. Next was bronzing and contouring And I think that this is probably my least favorite part of this look like I said she use the hourglass bronzer And I feel that this bronzer is just a little bit too orange for my skin tone in the picture that Jacqueline posted she definitely Doesn't have actually too much of a defined contour going on It's definitely a lot softer And I felt as though the bronze and contour today was definitely really really pigmented what I normally do love But it didn't really match that one with the photo and I felt as though the bronzer She uses a little bit too orangey toned I wish it was definitely a little bit more cool toned to kind of sculpt the face rather than just bronze and as well She did not contour my nose which I was really really spooked about once I looked in the mirror You guys know that my nose is probably my biggest insecurity And I really love to make it nice and  (snaps finger) snatched! So to see no contour on it was definitely a little bit spooky As for the highlight, major props to this artist for knowing different people in the makeup industry and knowing about Beauty influence or collabs. I thought it was so clever when she pulled out champagne pop after showing a picture with Jacqueline and like I said it is a beautiful highlighter shade The highlighter is applied in all the right places, being the brow bone, the inner corner, of the tip of the nose, and on the cheekbones, but it's definitely a little bit of a subtle glow There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and it is definitely a really really beautiful look on my skintone But I do wish she would have applied a little bit more, but that's just personal preference. Last and finally not least, we finished off The look with the lips and like I said we used the Kat Von D liquid lipstick in the shade Vampira.

As for the actual shape of the lips I think she did a really really good job My lips are actually uneven and one side is a little bit bigger So I thought she did a really really great job of making sure that the two sides were even and the lines were very very defined which I love I cannot stand a blurry and messy lip line. Even though the actual shape was great the one thing I did notice about the lips Is that the product was a little bit streaky. I really wished she would have applied a little bit more product to make the color a lot more even all throughout But it really was not that big of a deal. Overall, I think I would rate this makeover a 7 out of 10 My experience was really really great and all the employees were so beyond nice to me and my artist was really really careful to make Sure that I got exactly what I wanted She took a lot of time planning  out everything and making sure that everything was really really perfect which I really really appreciated.

It's super important you have an artist that really cares about you and your vision as a client and isn't just gonna get it done Just to get it done and to get that paycheck so major respect to her. Overall, I really liked a lot of different things that she did with my makeup today And definitely picked up on a few new techniques that I definitely will be trying, Obviously there are a few things that I would have changed if I were doing it myself But every artist has a particular way of doing things, and I don't think that the cons outweighs the pros in this situation And I would feel confident enough to wear this makeup out and not like second-guess myself Alright guys that is all I have for this videos today Definitely leave me a comment down below and tell me what you think about this transformation. Do you love it? Do you hate it? If you saw me in public would you think I looked beautiful or what do be really really shocked? I really want to hear your guys thoughts. If you enjoyed today's video Please don't forget to give it a big thumbs up down below and subscribe if you have not already.

I post three videos a week I'd love to have you join the sisterhood. If you'd like to follow me on my makeup journey You can follow me on Instagram and Twitter at they're both Just James Charles and my snapshot from or behind the scenes and stuff is James Charles And an extra *s*after Charles (JamesCharless). This week's sister shout out goes to sister Mel, Thank you so much girl for always following and supporting, you know I love you so much! And if you'd like to be next week sister setup make sure to always retweet my video links when they go live on Twitter. Alright guys thank you so much for watching.

Don't forget to check out the next upcoming videos where I go to MAC and Ulta and get the same exact make over there. Will they be the same? Will they be better or will they be absolutely horrible? You guys will have to stay tuned to find out! I love you sisters so much and I will see you in the next one. Bye (Waves lovingly)..

BEAUTY GURU GETS A MAKEOVER AT SEPHORA

No comments:

Post a Comment