Sunday, April 8, 2018

I Tried A Full Trader Joe's Routine For 7 DaysBeauty With MiRefinery29



Hey guys, it's Mi-Anne, and
this is Beauty With Mi. There is one place that I go
every single week without fail, and that is Trader Joe's. I would always walk by the
beauty aisle at Trader Joe's, but I would never really
stop to take a good, hard look. Last month, I did an entire routine using
only products from Whole Foods, and when that video went up,
a bunch of you guys were like, "Do Trader Joe's!" So, I was like, "Okay!" So, I went to Trader Joe's
earlier today...

I got a big ol' bag of stuff. Sadly, unlike Whole Foods, Trader Joe's
does not have a makeup section. Before we get into it, though, please
make sure you are subscribed down below, click the little red button. Hang out with me
every single Monday.

Beauty With Mi
comes out at 11am! I bought a bunch of stuff, from my hair care
to my body lotion to my toner to my sunscreen, and the entire thing
came out to $89.10. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11,
12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17... 17 Items, and the most
expensive thing was $8.99. Can't complain.

The price is right
at Trader Joe's. I'm gonna try all this stuff
for the remainder of the week, and I will let you know at the end of the
week what I thought about everything. So, I will see you guys then. Bye! Hi guys! I am back and it has been seven
days since I last saw you.

I have been using the Trader Joe's
products for the entire week, and I've really enjoyed it! Please excuse the hair. I am filming a video later this afternoon
that is related to this hair, and it's going up in two weeks, so let me know in the comments
what you think I'm doing because it's a little bit different for me. But, enough rambling... Let's get into it.

The hair care aisle was a little bit daunting
for me just because my hair is color treated now. I was a little bit nervous about finding color
safe options at Trader Joe's, but I did. This is the shampoo that I chose. It's the Tea Tree Tingle shampoo.

It has this beautiful, refreshing tea tree,
eucalyptus-y kind of scent. It has no sulfate in it. And it is safe for all hair types. It makes your hair feel very clean.

This is the Tea Tree Tingle conditioner. I actually expected this to
be a lot lighter than it was. It actually is super hydrating. It made my hair feel super smooth.

Again, no sulfates. All around good conditioner; good little companion
to the Tea Tree Tingle shampoo. In the shower, I used
this oatmeal soap. I put this thingy back on it
because it was kind of gross.

But, I really like this soap! It's a really no-frills like,
oatmeal-infused soap. It smells good, and it doesn't
make your skin feel dry. The hair mask that I used
was this one. It's called the Trader Joe's
Shea Butter...

I always say "she-ya" butter... Shea butter and coconut oil hair mask. Wasn't as hydrating as
I would have liked. It does have a really nice texture, though,
it comes out like, as a nice, smooth cream.

I like that is comes in a squeeze
tube rather than a pot. I really don't like that so many
hair masks come in pots. And you have to stick your hands in it. You hair gets in it.

Water gets in it. It's disgusting. This is nice. It didn't give me that like, smoothness that
I like out of some of my other hair masks.

It did make my hair feel very soft. I would even just use it as a very deep
conditioning treatment like, as my conditioner. Let's talk about this body butter because
I loved this body butter! It smells so good. This is the coconut body butter.

It has coconut, shea butter,
and vitamin E in it. Instead of being like a
twist-off cap, it just... Wait. It just opens up like that.

You know when you have like, body butter all
over your hands and your hands are all like, greasy, and you don't want to have to screw
a cap back on something? You don't have to! It absorbs really fast. It's great just to slap on all over. And doesn't make my skin
feel really gross and oily. So, in the morning and night, I would use
this Trader Joe's spa face wash with tea tree oil.

I liked it. I think it was a nice, gentle cleanser. However, it's a little bit
soapier than other face washes. It just hangs around
longer on the skin, so you have to use a bit more
water to wash it off.

But, I do like that Trader Joe's has a face
wash that is targeted more at acne because tea tree oil is amazing for acne
because it's antibacterial. So, at night before I would go in with the
tea tree oil cleanser, I would use the Trader Joe's facial cleansing oil. I really like this. It cuts though waterproof
mascara really easily.

It's a good, basic cleansing oil. It removes makeup really well. Doesn't leave my skin feeling too oily,
although I always double-cleanse after I use a cleansing oil. Once my skin is clean, I would move on to
toner, and this is the rose water facial toner.

It just smells so nice. Rose water, rose oil, witch hazel... Good for oil control. It doesn't irritate my skin, so it's good.

So, moving on to serum. And I was kind of surprised to see this hyaluronic
acid serum at Trader Joe's just because it's kind of a fancy product for them to have. But it is really nice. It has a really nice like, gel, liquid-y consistency
that absorbs really quickly.

It is the summer right now,
so my skin is quite oily. I don't think this serum is something that I
need necessarily for this time of year. I think that I'm going to whip this out again
in the winter because I think it's gonna help with the flakiness that I get. So, it's good...

But I don't think I
need it right now. I love this moisturizer. It's the Trader Joe's nourish oil-free
antioxidant facial moisturizer. It's liquid-y, it absorbs really fast, it
doesn't leave your skin feeling sticky or tacky.

It applies under
makeup beautifully. I actually was using this in the
morning and the night. It is on the lighter side when
it comes to moisturizers. And it was enough moisture for me.

As a spot treatment if I had a breakout or
if I felt like I was getting a breakout, I. Would use this tea tree oil. I'm just going to take a little bit of the
tea tree oil, mix it with a little bit of water just to dilute it, tap it
on to my little zit areas. I think it's a versatile, good product
just to have in your arsenal.

The final step of the routine
skincare wise, SPF. Now, this was a little bit upsetting because
I went to Trader Joe's... I was expecting them to have like, different
mineral sunscreen options, and they really don't. So, the reason that I was looking for mineral
sunscreen is because mineral sunscreens are coral-safe.

So, there are some ingredients... Oxybenzone and oxtinoxate
cause coral bleaching. So, I wanted to use a mineral sunscreen that
doesn't have those ingredients, and this was the only one that was there. So, it was a stick sunscreen; it's SPF 50.

I don't like stick sunscreens. But I had to use this,
and I will say... I really liked it. I brought this as my sunscreen like, in my
purse last weekend when I went to Chicago during a heatwave.

Unlike a lot of stick sunscreens,
it absorbs relatively quickly. It feels kind of like
a balmy moisturizer. Twice this week I used masks, and I
bought one mask from Trader Joe's. They have this blueberry acai facial scrub,
and it smells so good! Confirmation it smells good.

It has a really nice creamy texture. You can actually see the little like, berry
seeds in it, and that's what you can use to physically exfoliate your skin. But, it also has like, fruit enzymes and different
fruit acids in this, so it will chemically exfoliate too. So, I put it
all over my face, let it sit for a few minutes,
and then gently rubbed it off, and my skin felt super
smooth and nice after.

I think it's a good weekly exfoliant if
you want a little bit of a... Sorry, I got distracted. If you want like, a weekly exfoliation. Then, I made my own mask.

So, I usually mask like, two
to three times a week. And I was like, I can't
just use this one mask! So, I got a bunch of ingredients from Trader
Joe's to make my own mask. So, I used Greek yogurt,
honey, and oats. Oats are naturally very soothing and they
also provide a little bit of physical exfoliation once you take it off.

The Greek yogurt, unsweetened, has lactic
acid in it, so it helps kind of slough off dead skin cells. And then the honey is
a natural humectant. It is hydrating. And I just put it all over my face, let it
sit for a bit as well, wash it off, continue with the rest of my day.

So, that's a really great thing with really
common ingredients like, stuff that you would literally have for breakfast in a yogurt bowl,
but you put it on your face. Last but not least, the deodorant. Trader Joe's stocks Tom's of Maine, and
this is the unscented version. Hey guys, so I as back from work.

I'm gonna give myself a
little smell test... Not smelling anything so far, I
think I'm staying pretty fresh. I will say, though, it wasn't a
very, very hot day. And I do think because it is unscented, if
it was like swelteringly hot, and I was like, walking around or like, hiking or something
I think I would smell a little bit.

I liked it. I think the Tom's brand
of deodorants is really nice. It feels really good under the armpit, which
is like, a kind of a weird thing to say, but... You're not gonna want to wear deodorant if
it doesn't feel good on your armpit.

That's everything! Honestly, I don't think there was
a product that I didn't like. Hero products were definitely the antioxidant
moisturizer, the rose water facial toner, I really like the acai mask, the Tea Tree
Tingle shampoo, and the coconut body butter. And that's it! That's a lot of product, I hope that
you guys enjoyed this video. Please let me know in the comments below if
there are any other retailers or cool brands out there that you want me to try, and let
me know what your favorite Trader Joe's products are.

So, I will see you guys next week! Bye! Thanks so much for watching, guys. Let me know what you want to see next on Beauty
With Mi in the comments down below. And click here to subscribe to Refinery29. And click here to watch another video.

Bye!.

I Tried A Full Trader Joe's Routine For 7 DaysBeauty With MiRefinery29

No comments:

Post a Comment