Wednesday, March 21, 2018

I Got Transformed Into KPop Star CLBeauty EvolutionRefinery29



CL is a part of a group called 2NE1
and I - that was my first introduction to that group. K-pop has consumed
my life on many different levels. Ill wake up in the morning and
Ill watch YouTube videos of any like new K-pop performances that Ive missed. I love CL because I read an interview
of hers maybe a couple of years ago where she talks about being a role model
for a lot of younger Asian women who look up to her.

She mentioned that,
you know, a lot of people are sort of afraid to kind of come out of their shells
and fully represent themselves as like this creative, human, expressive being. Shes trying to encourage these younger
women to sort of embrace that. If I were to meet CL, I would ask her if
we could be friends, because I think shes so cool. Before we get into it, dont forget
to subscribe down below.

In this first look, CL is performing with
2NE1 during Iggys Best New Band Concert in 2011. It is reminiscent of one
of her looks in the I Am The Best music video from her outfit to her hair. It is a distinct look from early on in
her music career. For her eyes, she has winged out
eyeshadow.

CLs hair is pulled into a long dramatic
ponytail and she has a full set of bangs. For her lips, she has a nude gloss. Okay. Yayyy- OH MY GOD.

WHAT THE- I do look like a completely - AAHHHHH. This doesnt look like me. Oh my god. I like the, the eyes.

Ive never had this hair color
before, so its kind of fun. Oh my god. Woo. The second look is from a
Tiffany T Launch Party in 2014.

CL is a few years into her music career. She is starting to experiment more
with her look. For her makeup, she has sharp long
wings with a little bit of black shadows smudged on her lower lash line. She has platinum blonde hair that is
braided together in a side fishtail.

The look is finished with a glossy red lip. WHAT?!? This is so crazy. Oh my gosh. This is one I feel like it could be a
different version of me.

I look like a rich housewife. You guys really outdid yourselves. My hair looks good. I feel fancy, fancy and famous.

Woohoo. Bye-bye. This last look is from New York
Fashion Week in 2016. This look is what CL is known for
today, where she has pursued more of a solo career and released her own singles
such as, Hello Bitches".

Her makeup is very intense. Her eyelids have a base of bronze eyeshadow
with an intense black wing on top. Her base is more contoured than
previous looks. As seen in her singles, she is rocking
teased out grey hair.

And on her lips, she has a vampy berry lip. Waaa. WOAH! Now I really look famous. This is good guys.

I feel like this is like an actual
K-pop star look I think for me. My hair is really cool, and my
makeup is bomb.Com. The first one I felt like a shock to
the system maybe, because it was my first transformation. And the second one I felt like a
rich mom, which was great, cause thats me in the future.

This one is my favorite one. I feel like this one is the most me. I feel like Im ready for my debut
as a K-pop star. I feel like, transformed.

Ive evolved. Thanks for watching. Let us know what you want to see
next time in the comments down below. To subscribe to Refinery29s YouTube
channel, click here, and to watch more videos, click here..

I Got Transformed Into KPop Star CLBeauty EvolutionRefinery29

No comments:

Post a Comment