Thursday, March 15, 2018

I Got The $65 Laser Facial For AcneBeauty With MiRefinery29



Hey guys, this is Mi-Anne, and
this is Beauty With Mi. Ever since I got my zipts zapped,
I wanna say a year and a half ago at Dermalogica, Ive been on the
hunt for another facial that is as good for acne. I found one. Its at a spa called Skin Laundry,
which has locations all around the U.S.

And the treatment is called the Laser
and Light Facial. It uses lasers to
combat things like acne, inflammation, redness, brighten the overall complexion,
and it only takes 15 minutes. I went last week! So, Im gonna show you the entire process. Ill let you know what I thought,
but first you have to make sure youre subscribed.

Down below, you know the drill, red button,
hangout with me every Monday, 11 AM is Beauty With Mi Day. So, without further ado,
lets go to the spa. I was a little bit nervous to go get this
treatment, because I was afraid that it would hurt or sting, but as soon as I
got there my nervousness just went away as soon as I met my nurse, Elyse. Hi Mi-Anne!
Welcome to Skin Laundry.

Hi! My name is Elyse. Ill be the nurse performing
your 15 minute laser facial today. So, what we do here at Skin Laundry
is a 2-part treatment. The first is a
Yag Laser, and the second is a I.P.L., Which stands for, Intense Pulsed Light.

Okay. The laser will be the first portion where
well do 2 passes of your face. What that does is it targets pigments. What will help break up any hyper
pigmented areas.

And its also going to deep clean
your pores. So, anybody who has acne,
breakouts, clogged pores, blackheads. Its going to vaporize dirt. During the laser portion of the treatment,
youll feel a little bit of heat and prickling.

If youd like a break at any time just
let me know, but you shouldnt have any discomfort. Amazing. Well I cant wait to start. After Elyse told me what to expect,
what it would feel like, she brought me to the treatment table and I removed any
residual makeup with a cleansing wipe.

Then came the fun part. While Im doing the laser treatment,
you may smell something, this is not your hair or skin burning, its just the
vapors getting cleaned out. I smell it. You smell it already.

It smells weird. Okay, good.
So, thats the smell of success. That means your skin is getting
deeply cleaned. This one, Im not gonna lie,
didnt feel great.

It felt like prickly,
like I dont think that I would have been able to withstand having that laser on
my face for much more than like 10 minutes. Good thing the facial is only 15! And that was one pass. Well do
2 passes. How are you doing? Good.

Sometimes I can see stuff come up
to the surface, I havent really seen anything like that with you, but it is
possible that wherever there is underlying congestion can
come to the surface. If that happens,
we call it purging, and its just a natural part of the healing process. We recommend that if you do have any
purging, you just come back in a few days for another treatment that will help clear
it right up. So, once the first laser was done,
Elyse brought out the I.P.L.

Machine. Ill be applying some cold gel to your
face. The gel is just a water-based
ultrasound gel. Its going to keep your
skin nice and cool.

And the purpose is
to help evenly spread the light, so it acts as a conductor for the I.P.L.
Treatment. You will feel a little bit of
heat, and mostly youre just going to observe a very bright light. Woah. So, what does this one do in
comparison to the first? Its also targeting redness and
inflammation.

And it leaves your skin
with a bit of tightened feeling. So, after the treatment
you should feel tighter, brighter, glowing, clean. They both deliver light energy, but theyre
delivering the energy in different wavelengths. How often is it recommended to
get this treatment? This treatment is mild enough and safe
enough to do every other day.

Most people come between every 7
and 10 days. And thats it. And now I will apply and a
little bit of toner. Ooo.

And Ill apply a little bit of daily
moisturizer with SPF. How does your skin feel? It feels good. Im excited to see
what it looks like. Good.

Well you look great.
Take a look. Oh. My skin looks a lot less red. Is that just me? Yes.

It definitely looks calmer, brighter. Its healthy and clean. So, what should I do now that were done? Our after care is very simple because the
treatment is so mild and safe. We recommend that you reapply sunscreen
every 2 hours.

If you do any manual
exfoliation, like a Clarisonic brush or scrubs, just wait until
tomorrow for that. Okay. Does it make your skin a little
bit more sensitive to that? It can. And we just dont wanna
over exfoliate.

Got it. Because your skin has just been exfoliated,
so we just want to give it time. Its been a week since I've gotten
the treatment and my skin has been really smooth. The makeup has gone on
really well over it.

I think that for
the time that it takes to commit to the facial, its like a no brainer. Skin Laundry offers the first facial free,
so why not, go check it out see if you like it. Then if you wanna get another
facial its $65, or you can get bundles for a slightly reduced price. If you cant make it to a Skin Laundry,
or if you simply dont want to drop the cash, which I dont blame you.

There are a few things you can do at
home that can give you a similar result, although they are not going to be a laser. So, Neutrogena makes a mask and its
called the Light Therapy Acne Mask. Now it uses blue and red light to target
acne causing bacteria. It is super easy to use.

It turns on! And you just sit tight really for
10 minutes. It will automatically turn off
and its essentially your mask, but you dont have to wash it off,
so you just chill, sit on the couch. The second is much more traditional,
but you know how much I love a good exfoliating mask. This is a
San Francisco based brand.

Its called Monastery, and this is
the Exfoliating Glycolic Gel. Whats nice about it is its very,
very gentle mask. I wouldnt say its
the same as the Light and Laser Facial, but it does give you that instant
brightening effect. Because it has the
rose water in it, it is very soothing, so I dont tend to get any redness from it.

All around, a goodie. So, that is it. I hope you guys
enjoyed this video. If you guys have
tried this facial, or if you are going to try it, please let me know
down below.

And if theres anything else youd
like me to try on Beauty With Mi please dont hesitate to drop it in
the comments as well. See you next week. Bye! Thanks so much for watching guys. Let me know what you wanna see
next on Beauty With Mi in the comments down below., And click
here to subscribe to Refinery29, and click here to watch another video.

Bye!.

I Got The $65 Laser Facial For AcneBeauty With MiRefinery29

No comments:

Post a Comment