Sunday, February 18, 2018

Epic Beauty Room Makeover for Glam Life Guru!Tati x Mr. KateOMG We're Coming Over



Oh God yea, that's gonna end real bad. Joey on the new rug no pole vaulting.  I never thought I'd say that, but. Oh no!!! Can't wait to decorate! There's so much we can make! How will it turn out? OMG we're coming over! Open up we're here okay you're yelling
like so loud Welcome, to OMG We're coming over You guys have been dying for more episodes and we've been dying to bring you them! They are really involved and hard for us to do.

So let's go. Tati Westbrook, GLAMLIFEGURU. Oh, my Gosh. She uploads five days a week, so we are really honored to be doing her Beauty Studio Room Where she's going to shoot, she's gonna take meetings, she's gonna edit her videos.

Like, she's literally gonna spend so many hours. So many things to do. It's so important. We gotta go.

So let's go! We have so much to do. Hey guys! I'm Tati, my Youtube channel is GlamLifeGuru It's pretty self-explanatory, I do a lot of makeup tutorials, beauty reviews, I try on products, do first-impressions. That's kind of my thing! And I've been making videos for six years. We recently bought a home, it's my first home.

It's like the pride and joy of my life. And I wanted to make my beauty office, beauty studio just the whole room be really really special I'm truly honored  that Tati asked Joey and I to come Cause, A this is her first home. B, she is a Beauty Guru who uploads five days a week. So, it better be good! I got my unicorn rows in.

And I am ready to be a creative weirdo, in this giant empty space. This room has to be glamorous quintessential things about glamour is
obviously not going to overboard with a color palette it's one big giant room
she needs to shoot videos in their office space to be able to edit her
videos she runs her business with James her husband just like Joey and I work
together. It was just a shell of a room there were no built-ins there was
nothing it was just our collective imagination to put the room together. We
spoke to them about the importance of makeup storage you guys remember Patrick Starr's beauty room and how we put in that big closet system it was a modular
closet system.

Since they bought this house we all thought that it means
sense to do a custom built-in using a custom closet company to really make the
built-in work perfectly to the size of the space give Tati the depth of drawers
so she can fit as much makeup as possible. We went to the showroom we
picked out the finishes, we picked out how things were going to be lit it was a
whole process. We made it to the showroom I definitely want white yeah. This one
right? This one is the smoother and yeah it's like a baked on almost like enamel feel.

Sort of like you but this is the overhead right so this is the corner
shoot shoot. Yeah we have this nailed down the dimensions the design we know we're
gonna do those custom slim drawers and we're gonna do a ton of them here on the
makeup side I'm so happy with all of things that we picked the beautiful white
finish the glass shells the super thin drawers it's gonna be so chic. It's gonna
be like the most custom piece ever. We just now have to get what is on paper into
the room the room on the wall.

The built-ins are done they look
gorgeous but the room is empty it's in need of a lot of TLC. Wow this is like the most goals thing ever. So many drawers. So many drawers.

Are you happy with it? I'm so happy I've been waiting for this
I feel like my whole life. You officially have the most epic totally beauty
storage system I think I've ever seen because not only is it gonna be beauty
storage but it's gonna be like fashion storage too Which is so cool it's like you have a
boutique in your house. I know. The function of this space is mainly beauty.
I wanna hang out here I want to you know bring people to my girl cave and like
have this be a special kind of you know chill-out zone where I spend a lot of my
time yeah get inspired.

And like some working happening back here or some
editing maybe stuff like that. I need a little space to kind of you know get
those five-day-a-week videos up. That's crazy I know. How long have you been releasing
five days a week? Three years You missed any days? Like over holidays
I've missed here and there but we've been pretty smooth sailing but I'm
hoping to be more organized that's been a really big goal because right now I
literally have makeup and boxes and bins and I try to stay really inspired and
just feel like I could be so much more creative and I could raise the bar if I
had everything in the right spot where it made sense.

All right well obviously
this was a massive undertaking getting this closet in. I mean having a custom
built in in a home that you own like make so much sense. You know I wanted it to not just be a temporary thing this is our first home. By the way
congratulations on your marriage.

Thank you so much! That's amazing. I know I know.
It's been a big year so this is like the icing on the cake, no no pressure. So here's what I've been getting that done this was the
undertaking right we got it in now we have a day to do all this. Yeah.

This is a big space. Which is why we brought the big truck. The big truck. What are we doing first? I'm the big truck.

I don't really know how to do this kind of stuff so I'm trusting
them I mean I I definitely wanted some experts to make the space just right. So
what are we doing first? You got the plans? You are suppose to have this planned up. Sort of bringing the vibes of the project is to come in this room
we're gonna jump off with a really cool DIY. Come over here Tati are you ready?
I'm ready.

Oh yeah girl drop it like it's hot
the first time ever in OMG we're coming over history we are not painting a wall.
I know you can fall on over like you fell over fall on over, I don't know okay.
I love the white it blends in really nicely with the built-in. I totally think
I know what we're doing. We're gonna do really artistic like body painting. We
have to do an art project of course because I want Tati to get her hands
dirty put her stamp on this space well this room is really big but you don't
actually have like huge blank walls you just have this one and this one there so
we want to create areas right and art is a great way to kind of designate spaces
and obviously bring the eye up you know I love my DIYs.

Unique to you, I really
wanted to do something obviously that speaks to her profession as a makeup
artist as a makeup guru and the brushes that she uses are very important.
Oh my god. It is. This is the coolest. Isn't it cute? So it's a make up application
brushes blueprint.

I love it. We just hand sketched the brushes scan them in used
illustrator laid them out on like a graph paper setup hand wrote the names of
the brushes and I put in like little measurement and then you just go to like
a FedEx or any copy shop and just print on the blue print printers so we printed
the biggest size possible in the blue ink the piece that we are going to
decoupage on a canvas so this is our decoupage glue it's like
a white glue but I have some water in this tray. Before we put a bunch of glue on it, can you measure the frame really quickly? Three feet, so probably three feet.
Glue on I'm gonna mark the wood so you know where to cut. We're gonna use a wood
canvas instead of a canvas because it's more sturdy and I really want this
artwork to hold up frame it out with a custom wood frame that Joey is building
we're just painting a layer of decoupage glue on to the wood and then laying down
the piece over top it will wrinkle a little bit and it makes it look a little
more aged.

Are you ready for Tati to help you cut because we're done with our
first layer of glue yeah sure I'm ready for the saw. Yeah! So your cut
is going to be three three quarters of an inch. Boring! You don't get off that easy Tati you got
a saw I kind of got like an old saw it's not that good sorry I hope you're
ready to work your biceps. This is a whole brand new thing for me and I
didn't chip a nail so Let's see how these fit together now.

Are
you done? No we're done with the first joint. Yay should we stain these? I'll cut
you can stay. I feel so tall. So I brought some different stain colors to choose from
and Tati chose the ebony color which I'm really glad that she did
because I think black and white together is just quintessentially glamorous super
classic combinations that will never go out of style I'm definitely playing with
a lot of black and white in this room Joey are you do we have a fourth piece?
That better be a really important email it's not he's playing candy crush What are you staining the inside of the wood for? We're not this is the side of the wood you definitely need to stain the side
of the wood sir.

Tati I'm sorry you have to be a part of this argument. Tati's like can't wait let me come here I come here come here
nope not with the opener I use that on this So four pieces done. Great then
we'll let this dry Joey will just nail them together. I'm over this!
Well it's good your over it, this may be all that you're gonna do with us.

I'm
being banished? You've donned glove held a saw now it's time to get out. Oh wait
no but before we banish you I want to give you a sneak peek of what I'm gonna
be up to while you're up doing something with your brushes right. Ta-da! Make up brush set. That's amazing.

Look at it actually is like a fan brush. You could do like foundation
really fast it's like one that's on the things. Okay well we have so much to do
so much to do so one two three. How about we get off the floor? Fingers crossed she's gonna do something great but I've been kicked out so I
gotta like hand the trust over and just go do my own thing and wait for the big
reveal No peaking!
Alright so now that Tati is gone we have a lot to do we have basically three
separate areas we have to decorate.

I wanted to give Tati a feature wall, the
built-in is really symmetrical and beautiful and angular. I wanted something
that had a little more movement to it so I love the idea of using these
paintbrushes that are shaped like makeup brushes So these are brush blots we're gonna
call it a brush blot wall and I'm using a really dark charcoal grey which will
read like black but not be like so harsh against the white So I'm painting the brush blot wall Joey
is hanging the curtains. So we got these awesome blackout curtains that are a
light color on the inside but they also will totally block out the light so that
way when they need to shoot they're not competing with the sunlight. And they're
beautiful gray silk curtains because silk curtains are so glamorous.

Very luxe
I mean this whole giant window slash door thing they have going on here is
very cool so we're just highlighting that by putting up a high curtain rod
draping that down so in this big area we are going to put down a giant rug first I'm
gonna put the rug pad down which basically will stop the rug from sliding
around then we'll roll out the rug. Joey what do you think my wall? Oh it's so cute there
are paint splotches. Brush what? It's so cute. Thank you! While this
function is sound absorbers when you're shooting in a big room you don't want it
to echo so a rug is really important same with any textile in the room to
kind of have the space.

You think this rug is going to make it all the way
to the end? Oh yeah that's doesn't work. We're just gonna have to trim down the rug pat. Joey Done it a million times oh it's a fart
tube Joey. Let go of it I'm trying to This is such a big room I have to
talk to you through a tube.

I cannot do that, Joey
you're gonna pass out. It's so big we can like spread out and hold hands. Like a king
size rug. My flowers, my brain is filled with nothing.

When I was in middle school I
had like tiny didgeridoo I would just sit in my room and practice circular
breathing I don't think I ever actually got it down the concept is you keep air
in your mouth so while you're blowing out you can breathe into your nose like
the hard part is refilling your mouth but you get it. You know what else is filled
with nothing? These shelves! Joey enough with the rug cuddle we got to
style the shelves. This is the most epic styling I've ever done you guys I
literally would wake up at night before this project being like do I have enough
stuff to put in those shelves we are bringing in shoes, purses we are
bringing in clothes sunglasses jewelry makeup displays coffee table books which
they're not going on the coffee table they are beautiful hardcover art books
of hair and makeup and fashion and all the things that will inspire Tati
and just really speak to her sophistication because books are
sophisticated and I hope they never go away
shout out to books. Blue and white China I love using it in interior design.

I don't
get to use it that often because it is a very distinct look the blue and white
which you see in the blueprint art and in the China accents is just soft and
sophisticated So in order to give her an area to film
on we are bringing in this amazing desk that Joey put together this is going to
be her filming tables how gorgeous is this chair? How gorgeous is this? It has a
beautiful light wood top and the wood is a very similar tone to the floors that
are already in the space then the legs are these just very simple but really
gorgeous brass solid looking legs that just kind of fit into the tabletop like
it looks like a puzzle piece. The bench we're bringing in for Tati to sit
on while filming is this awesome furry bench I love free things it has a very
glamorous look to it and it has acrylic legs which are really really nice next
to the solid brass legs of the desk so just playing with ding ding ding juxtaposition.
So sit here with the light streaming in here. Yeah. Do her tutorials and then she
doesn't have a back yeah in the shot you know yep and then when she has collabs
yeah right people sitting next to her yeah great thinking Kate so ingenious
Kate.

Custom artwork you know I love and the same with custom photography it's
really nice to have things that are your own unique pieces I didn't want to just
go and buy black-and-white photography for Tati I took it upon myself I'm not a
photographer no no I'm a novice but I was like you know what I've got a bunch of
nail polish and mirrors and fume bottles and stuff let me just try taking
pictures of these against a white background. I'm using a nice camera with
a 50 millimeter lens and let's just see how it goes.
Joey is going to arrange these in a cluster and hang them because he's
really good at both of those things. The living-room area I mean I'm calling
it the living room area it's basically the meeting room area because they have
a living room. We're being in a rug.

Rug number two we
don't need a rug plat for this because we're putting so much furniture over it
it's gonna be weighted down. Look how pretty! Wow Wow Textured! This is about as cozy as it gets. No no Joey
we're not doing the rug cuddle here no. In the seating area we're gonna bring in
a very cool Chesterfield tufted couch.

I love this couch it's nice and deep so if
we can get it through the door we're good Oh! Good job! I think that maybe was
the hardest thing I've ever done in my life Kate that's why we've been doing squats at the gym, so you can get better at lifting couches with me. There's
nothing more classic and glamorous than a Chesterfield couches that have like
the flat back and the flat arms and are tufted on the back. Chesterfield. Wow!
Looks very cozy Isn't it pretty? Very pretty.

Because
like this is like her studio so she might want to come in here and just have
like a peaceful moment read a book watch some other people's YouTube videos. Gonna rock you. No Joey! This coffee table is so amazing coffee table it's sort of a
patchwork of different marble colors different stone colors complimentary to
the rugs but also is its own art piece. For my next trick I will produce a
fiddly fig.

We're putting a fiddly fig in the corner this tree has to look good
all the time I'm going for a faux plant next to the couch I'm placing a round
marble accent table with a pretty brass lamp again it's very architectural kind
of simple because this wall has so much pizazz we didn't need a crazy lamp just
something to accent. Tati is very feminine and women but I
love the grounding color of black it's very glamorous and these chairs are just
amazing and they have brass legs. In between these two chairs I'm placing
another blue and white China moment a drum stool
for bringing the blue and white theme that's happening over on the shelve over
to the living room area. Some furry pillows complete these black
chairs I love black tone on tone of the black chair fabric being a little
more shiny and then the furry cozy pillows.

Okay so on this wall we got these two crazy sturdy awesome desks right because
she's going to have her assistant any whoever might be working with her on a
project she might have people in for meetings we need a place for them to be
able to sit in here. Pull up a chair. But but but I have stuff on it Where you going? No wonder I Drive. Oh I just got dizzy.
These chairs you guys oh my gosh.

She's glam life guru I am NOT getting her just a
regular old desk chair no no they're gold deskchairs! Okay well we did this backwards.
We have to put the brush diagram. Oh no I got to finish baking that. Yes,
baking in the Sun right now blueprint is gonna go centered over this yeah can you
like at least stifle yawn that was like the opposite of a stifle. Build off the
frame I'm gonna put that right above and center it over those two desks and
that's gonna just be a really cool feature art piece that you're gonna see
when you come in on the wall.

Next to the blueprint art we are hanging wall lamps
which I love wall lamps because it gives you the flexibility of getting a sconce
look without having wiring in the walls the kitchenette area is really cool
we've got retro fridge on the countertop when we were first here talk to you
mentioned that you wanted a candy bar and that's stuck in my head. The word
fizz just reminds me of like old school soda pop and so does a candy bar so I
just love that that's our little like retro vintage corner so apothecary jars
with some candy completes a candy bar. On the desk I'm just dialing some desk
calendars some more blue and white and a tray and a little cup which I'm
using as a pen cup and then just some other things like an amazing cement tape
dispenser scissors a gold stapler etc For the styling on her filming table I'm
keeping it very minimal because of course it is going to fill up with all
of her products that she's using. Guys I.

Think the room is done I'm excited let's
bring her in and James gotta see it he's gonna work in there and be
filming adjusting focus and all that stuff you better like it too. Kate's
leading me and my eyes are trying to just focus on the ground because I don't
want to sneak peek anything and literally like walking into this room my
heart was going so fast because all I. Was thinking is how when I started my
channel I had no tripod the crappiest camera ever no lighting and I literally
sat on the corner of my bed and I had like basically a caboodle of makeup.
This is all very exciting they just got married they just moved into this house and
now we're going to show them their new beauty studio. Okay, One....Two....Three! Oh my god oh my god Oh God and turn around it's the Glamest of Glam rooms ever.

Oh my god this is better than I. Even thought it would be. You guys these
are the first like full-on tears we've seen in OMG W.A.C.O. Tati's like kind of
crying I think James is crying inside.

You missed it but she made that. Yeah we
made that. I'm very talented. I love it so much! You are our first on first full teary eye.
I knew that Kate would do like certain things I just had a feeling and I knew
it would be so reflective of who I am and a little more sophisticated but just
with some fun Flair and she got me so good that I literally teared up and was
shaking.

Here's just filming area James get in here! And like you
know collabs you can sit with. It's so soft and cozy.
James that light man that mirror. Thank you. Who else has this as their makeup room? Like I think you maybe it's custom they
better not.

This may be the most glam room ever. Aw he's giving us the slow applause. The slow clap We can all play a joke on Kate high five! Joey this joke is so old I'm gonna punch you in the balls next time you do that! Alright well we've been here for way too
long We gotta get out of here Yeah we'll come hang out by like one
12-hour day done so congratulations on your marriage. Yes! Congratulations on this house! This is awesome Yeah thanks for being here and doing all
of this this is magic we love it.

Bye. High fives goodbyes High five Oh my gosh that was like our first like full-on
tear she she she was a crier I'm so glad that she loves it so much and he loves
it so much I mean I wish them all the best cuz they're a very very cool couple
and this is a really cool house. Go check out her channel. Yes Glamlifeguru you
can see not yet but in the future you're gonna see her do all these awesome videos in
this room so we're very excited to have been able to do this with them and we're
thankful or thankful for you guys.

Thank you so much subscribe to our
channel give us a thumbs up if you enjoyed this video let us know in the
comments what you thought. We'll see you on the next OMG We're Coming Over up we have other
cool things too but we'll see you around Gosh I think you're gonna have to pull
all these roses out of my hair you ready? Oh gosh, what's happening?
My hair's crazy right now. Joey what's for dinner? She loves it James loves it I love it I
love Joey we love each other I love you I love you ah I already said it.

Epic Beauty Room Makeover for Glam Life Guru!Tati x Mr. KateOMG We're Coming Over

No comments:

Post a Comment