Wednesday, May 2, 2018

I Tried This Insane Bubble FacialBeauty With MiRefinery29



Youre the best. Youre helping my skin and trying to get
the eyelash out of my eye. Shes the best! Hey guys, its Mi-Anne and this is Beauty
With Mi. Hello all! Welcome back! If you are new to this channel, please hit
the subscribe button down below and please give this video a thumbs up because today
Im doing another weird facial.

Ever since I did the enzyme facial, you know
the one where I came out looking like a straight up Grandma, Ive been wondering if I would
ever find something that would top that. Turns out, I just might have. And naturally I filmed the entire experience for all of you. The facial in question is called the ice infusion
tightening facial, and it was developed by an esthetician named Rene Rouleau, someone Ive admired for years.

Her clients include the likes of Demi Lovato. Ever heard of her? Although Rene is based out of Austin, she
makes regular trips to LA and New York and I got a chance to try out the ice infusion
facial in the flesh. The facial itself is designed to heat up and
cool down the skin, thus brightening, tightening and smoothing everything out. AKA all things that I love.

She started off by cleansing my skin using
amazing hot stones. Thus beginning the warm up process. By increasing the skins internal temperature,
were increasing oxygen and blood flow and the blood brings new nutrients and feeds the skin cells. Then once my skin was sufficiently clean, Rene
smoothed on a cranberry peel to loosen up any dead skin cells on the surface of my face.

It smells so good. Next she continued with even more exfoliation
using a Bio-Brasion device, which is basically designed to exfoliate the skin through light
suction and vibration. I almost felt like it was gonna hurt, but
it doesnt hurt at all. Science rules! Then she moved onto a mousse-like bubble mask
that helps improve circulation.

Naturally I made like Bella Thorne and took
a few pictures. Im gonna get the perfect gram. Who wore it better? Let me know, in the comments below. I love a good close shave.

Its dual purpose. It warms the skin, which helps increase blood
circulation. Thats what the rosemary and the minty-ness
will do, right? Yup. But then it also softens the skin so that
if someone does need extractions itll make it easier.

Once the mask had done its work, she removed
it and put on a serum. And brought out an ultrasound. Yup. You heard that right, an ultrasound.

But she wasnt gliding that device on my
skin in search of a heartbeat, she was actually using it to improve circulation, reduce inflammation
and help the serum she applied absorb better. I feel like this would be a really great machine
if I was in Middle School and I wanted to pretend like I had a fever. Then it was time for phase two: the cool down. Rene whipped out a tray of, what looked like
ice cubes, but was actually full of frozen serum popsicles cooled down to -2 degrees.

What this does is anytime you create cold
on the skin it immediately constricts the capillaries and it creates a vacuum effect
that pulls the ingredients deeper into the skin. It creates like a suction. Not gonna lie, it wasnt the most comfortable. It kinda felt like a three minute brain freeze.
And if you touch your face you can feel how slippery and delicious Oh its really smooth.

Rene made a seaweed rubber mask that she
put on my skin that felt so good. It was cooling on contact and had really soothing
ingredients, like seaweed in it to hydrate my skin. What it does is it creates an occlusive seal
over the skin so that everything underneath has no place else to go but into the skin. Im not even kidding, when I looked in the mirror there were no pores.

I just didnt understand. Around my nose I had bigger clogged pores. The cold constricts the opening of the pore. You can also see your breakouts have really
settled down.

Yeah, I had one here that was really painful
and its not even red anymore. I feel like its an amazing facial for events
because I literally looked at myself and could see a difference immediately. How long can I expect to see these results for? I would say most people can see a visible
difference for about seven to ten days. Thats so much longer than I thought! Wait Im so excited.

Well thanks so much for giving me the Rene
Rouleau glow. Your skin is beautiful. I didnt have to work that hard. Thank you! Oh, we did some work.

Full disclosure: Rene's facials cost around
$450, which I know is pretty steep so the next best thing to getting an actual facial
from Rene is to get something from her product line. She recommended three products that you can
use to mimic the effects of her facial at home. The first item is an exfoliating mask. Now, Rene has one in her line.

Its called
the Triple Berry Smoothing Peel. Ive actually used this before and I really, really like it. It smells amazing. And when you put it on and leave it on for
10 minutes afterwards, your skin will be baby soft.

Im not even kidding. Next up is a toner. Now Rene actually suggested I pour toner
into an ice cube tray, stick it in the freezer, and use it as to mimic the effects of her ice facial. So I actually did that, and it worked.

It was pretty cool. Finally a soothing mask. Now Rene recommends this one which is the
Rapid Response Detox Masque. I actually adore this thing.

I really like her line in general but this
mask is amazing. It looks like honey golden nectar of some sort. You put it on. Its not drying even though its really good for acne.

It has tea tree leaf oil, salicylic acid,
manuka leaf oil. All of which are antibacterial so great for pimples. But it also has sodium hyaluronate which is
great for hydrating. So this is amazing to soothe your skin.

It really calms down breakouts, but you can
actually make a bunch of DIY masks that I. Think would do the job as well. I actually did an entire video on DIY skin
care and made a bunch of masks. I made an exfoliating mask.

I made a really hydrating honey mask and a
cocoa powder and yogurt mask, all of which you can see the recipes for up here. All in all I really loved the facial. But Im not going to lie, I dont think
one facial is going to completely solve all of your skin concerns. To me, getting a facial is all about pampering
and relaxing and honestly Rene's facial was exactly that.

But I hope that you guys enjoyed this. Let me know what your favorite part of the
facial was below. And if you have any cool masks or DIY recipes
for me to try, I would love to hear them as well. Let me know in the comments and I will catch
you guys next week.

Bye! Thanks so much for watching guys. Let me know what you want me to do next on Beauty With Mi in the comments below. And click here to subscribe to Refinery29,
and click here to watch more videos. Bye..

I Tried This Insane Bubble FacialBeauty With MiRefinery29

No comments:

Post a Comment